Food Intolerance Screening
Genuine food allergy is rare. About 2% of the population (and 8% of children under the age of three) are affected.
What is a food allergy?
A Food Allergy is a rapid and potentially serious response to a food by your immune system. It can trigger classic allergy symptoms such as a rash, wheezing and itching. The most common food allergies among adults are to fish, shellfish and nuts – including peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and brazil nuts. Children often have allergies to milk and eggs as well as to peanuts, other nuts and fish.
What is a food intolerance?
Food intolerances are more common than food allergies. The symptoms of food intolerance tend to come on more slowly, often many hours after eating the problem food. Typical symptoms include:
It's possible to be intolerant to several different foods, which can make it difficult to identify which foods are causing the problem. Food intolerances can also be difficult to tell apart from other digestive disorders that can produce similar symptoms, such as inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal obstructions or Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
What is an Allergy? Allergies are those things that your body reacts to immediatley; most people are aware of their allergies. Some common allergy culprits are:
Common Allergy Symptoms
You'd think common allergy symptoms are often those which you would associate with a cold, such as sneezing or coughing. However, allergies can affect virtually any part of your body, and as such there are a number of different symptoms that can happen under normal allergic circumstances. Here are just some of the most common allergy symptoms:
Most symptoms are minor and only result in small discomforts, however at the same time many can be very severe. For example, allergies can often cause anaphylaxis in which the body has a reaction so strong that it goes into a state of shock and begins to “shut down”. In this instance an allergy treatment needs to be administered immediately or a reaction like this could be fatal.
Many common causes could actually trigger a reaction like this, such as insect bites and stings, medication and nuts. If you ever see anyone who appears to be having an anaphylactic shock then alert the emergency services as quickly as possible.
- Gluten Wheat, Barley, Rye, Oats
- Dairy Cows Milk: Skimmed, Semi-Skimmed, Full Fat and Lactase/Lactose
Basic Plus+ £75
Testing for over 104 foods including:
- Grains Wheat, Barley, Rye, Oats, Corn
- Dairy Cow's Milk, Cow's Cheese, Yoghurt, Butter, Eggs
- Meat Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Pork
- Fish Shellfish, Salmon, Cod, Prawns
- Sugars White & Brown Sugar, Honey, Mollases, Aspartame
- Fruit Apples, Bananas, Strawberries, Oranges, Lemons
- Vegetables Potatoes, Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Peppers
- Beverages Tea, Coffee, Wine, Beer
- Cooking Ingredients Yeast, MSG, Baking Powder
Testing for over 300 foods as above plus:
- More Grains Spelt, Gluten, White Rice, Brown Rice and Quinoa
- More Dairy Goat's Milk, Goat's Cheese, Sheep's Milk, Sheep's Cheese ( Ewe)
- More Meats Turkey, Venison, Pheasant, Duck
- More Fish Anchovy, Crab, Haddock, Mackerel, Sardines, Sea Bass, Plaice, Tuna, Trout
- More Vegetables (45)
- More Fruits (48)
- More Herbs and Spices (35)
- More Nuts and Seeds (20)
- Oils Olive Oil, Sunflower, Coconut, Vegetable, Soya.
- Pulses Brown Lentil, Red Lentil, Chickpea, Butter Beans, Pinto, Haricot
- Sweeteners Glucose, Honey, Manuka Honey, Sugar Cane, Xylitol, Agave Syrup
- Miscellaneous Carob, Chocolate, Hops, Sweets, Tofu, Vinegar, Wheatgrass, Baker's Yeast, Brewer's Yeast, Hemp Protein, Ground Coffee
- 57 "E" Numbers & Colourants
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Mineral Deficiencies
- Essential Fatty Acid Deficiencies
- Amino Acid Deficiencies
- Digestive Enzymes
- Nutritional Supplements
Advanced Plus+ £160
Testing for over 320 foods plus:
- Allergy Profile Pollens (Tree, Flower, Shrub, Grass, Dust). Chemicals (Pesticides/Herbicides & Fungicides). Allergies to all pet hair.
- Vitamin & Mineral Deficiencies
- Amino Acid Profile Essential for health
- Essential Fatty Acid Profile
- Digestive Enzymes
- Chemical Disturbance
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Fungal, Mould & Yeast Infection
- Geopathic & Electromagnetic Stress
Advanced Premium £195
Advanced Premium Test includes testing for over 600 foods:
- 57 "E" Numbers
- Vitamin Testing
- Mineral Testing
- Essential Fatty Acid Testing
- Amino Acids
- Digestive Enzymes
- Nutritional Supplements
Childrens Food Test Plus+ £95
Testing for over 260 foods plus:
- Grains Wheat Rye, Oats, Barley, Corn & Gluten, Rice
- Dairy Cow's Milk, Goat's Milk, Soya Milk, Goat's & Cow's Cheese, Butter, Margarine, Eggs
- Fruit (30) including Apple, Banana, Orange, Kiwi, Lemon, Grape, Strawberry etc.
- Yeast Baker's & Brewer's Yeast, Vegemite, Marmite
- Meat Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Duck, Pheasant, Pork
- Fish Salmon, Tuna, Haddock, Cod, Prawns, Shellfish, Sea Bass
- Vegetables (45) including Potato, Onion, Garlic, Tomato, Pepper, Broccoli, Carrot
- Nuts & Seeds Peanut, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Almond, Cashew, Brazil, Sunflower
- Legumes Lentils, Chickpeas, Kidney Beans, Butter Beans
- Sugars Brown, White, Honey, Aspartame, Stevia, Molasses
- 57 "E" Numbers & Food Colours including all Sulphites, Nitrates, MSG, all colours
Description of Tests
Young Children's Tests
All tests are suitable for age 8 upwards.
‘E’ Numbers and Colourants
Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavour or improve its taste and appearance. With the advent of processed foods in the second half of the 20th Century many more additives have been introduced, of both natural and artificial origin.
Many clients are unaware that Food additives/'E' numbers are affecting them, but one of the most shocking and regularly taken in drinks is the artificial additives – Aspartame, Acuesflame, canderel, sweetex.
If you are low in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and essential fatty acids you will not be performing at your best and you are putting your health at risk.
Deficiencies and imbalances of vitamins, minerals, etc. can cause low energy, headaches, digestive complaints, skin and hair problems, joint pains and depression, just to name a few.
Essential Fatty Acid Deficiencies
Essential Fatty Acids have desirable effects on many disorders. They improve the skin and hair, aid in the prevention of arthritis, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. They are beneficial for Candida, Cardiovascular disease, Eczema and Psoriasis. They are needed for the development of a healthy brain, and a deficiency can cause memory loss and impaired recall.
Amino Acid Deficiencies
There are 21 Amino Acids that make up just one protein cell. Protien cells are your Hair, Skin, Nails, Muscles, Bones, Joints, Organs... in fact your whole body is made up of these Amino Acids, they are part of every living cell. Deficiencies in these Amino Acids can cause:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Brain Fog
- Heart Disorders
- Poor Hair Growth
- Muscle Weakness
- Poor Skin Quality
- Respiratory Disorders
- Blood Sugar Irregularities
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Low Mood
We look at any digestive enzyme deficiencies that may be contributing to an impaired digestive system. We also test for Candida, a form of yeast fungus in the body that can be the cause of many unexplained illnesses. Lack of Digestive Enzymes can cause Acid Reflux, Bloating, Belching, Food Allergies, viral infections, inflammation and injuries.
The Asyra Pro chooses the very best Health Supplements especially tailored to your condition, you can even bring your own Supplements you use (up to maximum of 5).
Fungals, Mould and Yeast Infections
Funguses are simple parasitic life forms which cause illness by direct poisoning, toxic by-products, allergic reactions and colonisation of body tissues eg: the skin.
We test for Asperigllus, which can cause coughing and wheezing attacks and bronchial problems. These are common Moulds which are found in soil, dust and decaying leaves, usually Moulds can be implicated in causing Rhinitis, stuffy nose and sinus problems.
We also test for Penicillium toxins, which are common and found in soil, decaying vegetation, food, house dust, wallpaper, moist chipboard and water damaged fabrics.
Yeast infections are common and the most recognised is Candida in its many forms. Candida Albicans is most commonly associated with vaginal symptoms, and can affect the mouth and skin and Colon, but there are other forms: Candida Glabrata, Krusei, Pnemoniae Psittaci and Trachomatis.
Bacterial and Virus Profile
Very common and found in nearly everyone! Abundant in air, soil and water. The most common Bacteria’s you have probably heard of are E.Coli, Campylobacter and Salmonella, which cause food poisoning, and even many years after the event can live in the colon, these are actually your bad bacteria, and can wreak havoc with your gut, if you have more of these bad bacteria than good, and cause bloating, flatulence, IBS, diarrhoea and constipation. The Streptococcus and Staphylococcus bacterias are also very common and cause sore throats, breathing difficulties and respiratory symptoms, pneumonia, abdominal pains, urinary infections, tooth infections, sinusitis and food poisoning, and the most common is MRSA,which is usually found in Hospitals, and can be detected long after the event.
Viruses are the smallest type of infective agent. These are very common and if you have been feeling poorly for many years, and have had all the tests under the sun, then this test is for you.
We test for Coxsackie, Cytomegalovirus, Epstein Barr, Glandular fever, these are usually found in people who have Chronic Fatigue (M.E), and can cause tiredness, muscle aches and pain, and foggy brain syndrome. Other viruses we test for are Herpes Viruses, Type 1-6 which can cause cold sores, genital ulcers, tonsillitis, impetigo and shingles. Other viruses we test for are Respiratory Syncytial virus, usually found at schools and are usually mistaken as a cough, croup or common cold. We test also for the Norwalk Virus, symptoms are vomiting, diahorrea, usually called the sickness and diahorrea bug.
Pollens, Dust and Grasses
One of our most popular tests.
- We test for Mixed Grasses, shrub pollens: buttercup, heather, nettle, plantain, buttercup and many others
- We test for Mixed Tree Pollens, eg. Alder, Ash, Beech, Hazel, Elm, Oak, Poplar, Willow and many more
- We test for House Dust Mite
- We test for Mixed Pollens: Daffodil, Hawthorn, Oat grass, Ragweed, and many perennial flowers.
Heavy Metal Profile
Metals cause some of the most hidden health problems on the planet. Do you actually know what is in your water? Yes, Aluminium. It can cause havoc with the skin, and can be responsible for Eczema, Dry Skin and Contact Dermatitis. Aluminium is a hidden danger and is also found in aluminium cooking foil, cooking pans, deodorants, bleached flour, table salt and baking flour. Aluminium can affect the brain and slows learning, is this one of the causes of Alzheimer’s?
Aluminium is also found in processed cheese, is masked as anti-caking agents in food.
"Large numbers of people in our aluminium-using society are the victims of slow aluminium poisoning" wrote Stephen E Levick, MD of the Yale University School of Medicine, and said that there has been an increasing amount of literature implicating aluminium as the cause of dementia or mental deterioration.
How many Mercury (Amalgam) fillings do you have?? Are they affecting your health?
We test for all Metals, Iron, Boron, Cadmium, Copper, Silver, Tin, Lead etc.
Chemicals and Inhalants
Chemicals are all around us in our environment, and in our everyday lives.
We get up in the morning and brush our teeth nearly all toothpaste contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, usually used in the automotive industry as a degreaser. Ladies who apply lipstick, who unknowingly wipe lead across their lips, and apply it at least four times a day, seven days a week!!!
Chemicals like Formaldehyde, which are common and found in printing ink, textile fabrics,carpets,chipboard,adhesives,as a preservative in cosmetics and toiletries, lozenges, cleaning products and garden fertilisers. Formaldehyde is the most common skin irritant and can cause breathlessness.
We also test for, bleach, creosote, crude oil, (found in most plastics) textiles (lycra, mixed nylons, latex, lanolin, etc.) perfumes, petrol fumes, stain removers, paint, aerosol propellant, tobacco, diesel fumes, washing powders (also please bring your own make).